What Kind of Faucet-Mounted Water Filter System Is Best?
Faucet-mounted water filters have become increasingly popular over water pitcher filters for a few key reasons: installation is typically quick and easy and requires little to no tools, more contaminants are removed compared to a standard water-filtering pitcher, and many come at an affordable cost.
Below you’ll find a breakdown and review of the six most popular Kitchen Faucet-Mounted Water Filter Systems of 2016 according to our research.
DuPont WFFM350XCH Faucet Mount Water Filter
Our Rating: 4.8/5
What We Love
- While this filter is about $10 more than many of the other brands mentioned in this review (ranges from $29-$35), you get what you pay for with a better design and longer warranty.
- Sleek design with digital, easy-to-read display that comes in 3 finishes (chrome, brushed nickel, and white).
- Digital display shows you how many gallons you’ve filtered so that you know exactly when to replace.
- Filter has a 200 gallon capacity
- Easy and quick installation
- Improves taste, purity and clarity of water by reducing sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury and lead
- Has built-in Microban antimicrobial protection to improve the life of the filter
- Includes 4-year limited warranty
What We Don’t Love
There have been a few reports of the digital meter stopping or more trouble with installation than other brands, but all in all, those reviews are far and few in between and the warranty/customer service seems to take care of most any issue that may arise.
As our top choice, we didn’t find too much to complain about with this filter! All in all, it’s a great filter at a reasonable price with a 4-year warranty (twice as long as any other filter we’ve found) and we love the sleek design and digital display… it definitely feels worth it to spend the “extra $10” on the Dupont filter over its slightly cheaper competitors in order to get the higher quality product.
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2g3kTvj” type=”big” color=”red” newwindow=”yes” ] Read The Reviews on Amazon »[/button]
[learn_more caption=”Read the entire DuPont WFFM350XCH Faucet Mount Filter review”]
Although many water filter systems are designed to fit with the modern décor of your kitchen, nothing can come close to DuPont’s Deluxe Faucet Mount.
Its sleek design is available in three colors: chrome, white and brushed nickel.
It comes with an easy to read electronic display that lets you know the quantity (in gallons) of water filtered. This helps in the measurement of the filter life and lets the owner know the right time at which the filter must be replaced.
The filter cartridge of this DuPont filter helps in removing sediment, benzene, lindane, chlorine, cysts, mercury, asbestos, and lead. Imagine getting clear filtered water every time with no chlorine odor or taste.
This model comes with a built-in Microban Antimicrobial product protection for improved filter life and performance. This water filter system can fit into most standard kitchen faucets. The entire water filtering system includes the Electronic Metered Deluxe Faucet Mount; an ultra-protection faucet mounts cartridge, two faucet adapters, two washers, a lifetime battery (pre-installed) and a plumbing tape.
DuPont gives a 4-year limited warranty on its WFFM350XCH model, which can be considered as one of the best you can expect in the industry.
However, keep in mind that you won’t be able to install this water filter at all if your kitchen faucets have a pull down spray head.
The replacement filters are available individually and in packs of three. They are designed for easy replacement where you can remove the filter cover at the back of the unit and install a new one easily.
The digital electronic display has a lifetime battery and indicates two very important things regarding the activity and functioning of the filter.
First, it shows the initial flush cycle and second, the quantity of water filtered is displayed in gallons.
There’s also a Water Flow Selector that allows one to switch between filtered and regular tap water easily. The DuPont WFFM350XCH weighs 1.3 pounds and requires two AA sized batteries. The batteries are not provided in the package.
For the digital display to function properly, make sure that you install it after you’ve installed the water filter.
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2g3kTvj” type=”big” color=”blue” newwindow=”yes” ]Buy The DuPont System on Amazon »[/button]
PUR FM-3700B Faucet Mount Filter
Our Rating: 4.0/5
What We Love
- Extremely quick and easy to set up with one-click installation
- It filters out most heavy metals and common contaminants (certified to remove over 70 contaminants, 99% of lead, 96% of mercury and 92% of pesticides)
- Provides clean, refreshing water at a fairly affordable price ($22-$32 to start depending on store/shipping costs + $10-$20 per replacement filter depending on how many filters are bought at once)
- A 2-year limited warranty is included
What We Don’t Love
- Its 100 gallon capacity per filter isn’t unusual, but there are competitors with a 200+ gallon capacity, which is more convenient for families or frequent use.
- There are lots of mixed reviews about the quality long-term… most customers love it for the first year or two, but run into leaks, faulty parts etc. shortly after the 2-year warranty is up.
The PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter Chrome FM-3700B is a good bang for your buck – it may not last you a lifetime, but it comes with a 2-year warranty and filters are sold everywhere, which makes it easy to replace.
It’s not our top choice because a lot of reviewers ran into leaks and problems down the road and each filter only lasts 100 gallons (compared to 200+ gallons with some of its competitors), but it’s in our top 3 for the amount of contaminants removed, price point, indication light, and ease of use.
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2h8AABp” type=”big” color=”red” newwindow=”yes” ] Read The Reviews on Amazon »[/button]
[learn_more caption=”Read the full PUR FM-3700B Faucet Mount Water Filter Review:”]
The PUR Advanced FM-3700B in chrome finish weighs 1.5 pounds and has a Filter Change Indicator light that notifies you when 100 gallons are used up, so that it can be replaced quickly and easily as soon as the filter is full.
Its filter removes 99% of lead and 96% of mercury as well as many other contaminants, which is much more than most standard water pitchers. It adapts itself equally well to both standard and pull-out faucets.
The PUR Advanced Chrome FM-3700B is driven by the MAXION Filter Technology. In this advanced filtering technology, water passes through three levels of distinct filtering techniques to provide clean and fresh tasting drinking water.
The activated carbon filter is made from coconut shells that are “heat treated’ with steam, which makes microscopic pores in each grain of carbon to let pure water pass through while trapping the contaminants.
This model has the National Sanitation Foundation’s certification on removal of lead and organic contaminants and has been certified to filter out at least 70 contaminants. The advanced filter system also removes traces of pharmaceuticals.
Part of what makes this type of filter so appealing is its 1-click-installation feature. The ease of installing and removing makes it convenient for anyone who needs an extra space in the sink at any time and the 360 degree swivel feature makes it compatible with most any sink.
The PUR Advanced Chrome FM-3700B also offers an option to choose between filtered and unfiltered water with a simple switch.
It requires no batteries and comes with a two-year limited warranty. The filter is active up to 100 gallons (about 3 months) and would require a replacement after that.
On average, you’ll have to replace your filter about 4 times annually to enjoy clean drinking water all year round.
Overall, the PUR Advanced Chrome FM-3700B is a good value for what you get and it comes with: a vertical faucet mount, filter casing, one filter and the Automatic Safety Monitor Gauge.
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2h8AABp” type=”big” color=”blue” newwindow=”yes” ] Buy The PUR Advanced System on Amazon »[/button]
Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter
Our Rating: 4.2/5
What We Love
- Like many other faucet-mounted filters, the Culligan FM-25 is quick and easy to set up with 1-click installation.
- The price point is reasonable at $27-$30 (depends where you purchase) and most customers have positive things to say about the purity and taste
- It’s NSF certified and provides level three advanced filtration to help reduce sediment, lead, cysts like giardia and cryptosporidium, turbidity, atrazine, lindane, bad odors and more.
- Each filter provides up to 200 gallons of clean drinking water (on average 2-4 months depending on how often you use it).
- Includes a 2-year limited warranty and fits most faucets
What We Don’t Love
- Unlike some if its competitors, the Culligan FM-25 doesn’t come with an indication light when it’s time to change the filter, so it’s important to mark it on the calendar or set an alarm on your smartphone to remind you when it needs to be done (water flow will slow down significantly).
- While the warranty lasts 2 years and should cover any mishaps you have during that time, many consumers complain that it doesn’t last very long beyond those first two years.
The Culligan FM-25 faucet mount filter has twice as much capacity per filter as the PUR and Brita with a similar price point. All three filters have a 2-year warranty, but the Culligan doesn’t have an indication light, which may be a missing piece for some consumers who don’t want to guess or rely on calendars to remind them when it’s time for a replacement. Overall, it’s a quality filter at a fair price that most consumers have positive things to say about.
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2gWntCE” type=”big” color=”red” newwindow=”yes” ] Read The Reviews on Amazon »[/button]
[learn_more caption=”Read the Full Culligan FM-25 Review:”]
The Culligan FM-25 water filter is the latest version to the Culligan FM-15. Most of the specifications are almost similar to its predecessor, yet there are a few advanced features that we’ll highlight in here.
The design of FM-25 allows you to fit it either on the left or right of your tap. Every cartridge of the Culligan FM-25 has a filter that is capable of providing 200 gallons of pure drinking water.
The filter removes bad taste and odor and reduces sediment, lead, cysts such as giardia and Cryptosporidium, and clears turbidity.
Weighing only 0.89 pounds (or 403 grams), its compact and simple design allows for a perfect fit in most standard kitchen sinks.
The only tool needed in the installation process is a wrench and the Culligan FM-25 package includes extra adaptors to accommodate various types of aerator faucet designs. (Note: the included adaptors may not fit all types of faucets.)
To install the Culligan FM-25 faucet mount filter, all you need to do is unscrew the aerator and then fit in the adaptor.
You can have clean filtered drinking water in about five minutes. Enjoy!
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2gWntCE” type=”big” color=”blue” newwindow=”yes” ]Buy The Culligan FM-25 System on Amazon »[/button]
Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter
Our Rating: 3.7/5
What We Love
- Offered at a fair price point ($23-$28 depending on location)
- Comes in both a Chrome and White finish
- Removes 99.99% of cryptosporidium and giardia cysts and reduces the taste and odor of chlorine as well as lead and asbestos
- Has an indicator light to notify you when it’s time to replace the filter
- Easy installation, fits on most standard faucets and has 3 different “flow” options to choose from
- Includes 2-year limited warranty
What We Don’t Love
- While the water looks clean and tastes good for the most part, it doesn’t seem to filter out as many contaminants and heavy metals as other comparable filters on the market.
- Like other faucet-mounted filters in this price range, many users complain that they are not well-designed to continue working at the same level of quality more than a year or two.
- Like the PUR FM-3700b, the 100-gallon capacity is kind of the “bare minimum” and there are other comparable filters that handle 200+ gallons for the same price range.
This is a good filter for the price, but it’s not the best filter you can get in this range. Brita is a big name in the filtered water industry, but we think that you can get cleaner water and more life out of filters when it comes to the PUR, DuPont, Mancel or Culligan!
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2h0eMF9″ type=”big” color=”red” newwindow=”yes” ] Read The Reviews on Amazon »[/button]
[learn_more caption=”Read the Full Brita On Tap Water Filter System Review:”]
The Brita On Tap Faucet water Filter System comes in standard white or a classy, chrome finish that looks great in almost any sink.
As far as filtration goes, it reduces chlorine taste and odor from water, removes lead and asbestos commonly found in tap water, and it easily eliminates 99% of the dangerous cysts like Cryptosporidium and giardia. It fits easily onto most standard faucets.
The most unique feature of Brita On Tap is that it has an extra layer installed which only traps sediments. The filter dispenses up to 100 gallons of filtered drinking water.
This also means that you are replacing 750 plastic bottles of standard 16oz drinking water, cutting down on waste and money.
Another important feature of this water filter system is that it comes with an indicator that lets you know the exact time to dispose the current filter and install a new one.
Once your Brita On Tap is installed, run the faucet for five minutes. The 100 gallon life of the filter begins after these five minutes.
There are provisions for three different types of water flow: Brita filtered water; regular flow and spray.
The regular flow is one that you get in your regular tap water. The Brita filtered water flows in half in size (diameter) of regular flow, but is more intense. The spray feature has a fairly good flow and pressure.
It’s simple to install the Brita On Tap Water Filter System in your kitchen. Just unscrew the aerator from the faucet and check to see whether the faucet threads are on the inside or on the outside.
If they’re on the inside, then select a proper adaptor and a washer and attach them to the faucet. If the adaptors don’t fit, call Brita’s consumer care for more support and instructions.
Giving support to the base, insert the water filter till you hear a click sound. Great Success! You’ve installed it successfully.
However, make sure that a green light flashes within 10 seconds. This indicates that the filter is engaged.
Brita On Tap does not require any batteries to operate and includes a 2-year limited warranty.
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2h0eMF9″ type=”big” color=”blue” newwindow=”yes” ]Buy The Brita On Tap System on Amazon »[/button]
MANCEL Faucet Mount Water Filter
Our Rating: 4.5/5
What We Love
- Like many other kitchen faucet mounted water filter systems, the Mancel is easy to install, comes at a reasonable price point ($24-$26), and fits most standard faucets.
- It reduces dangerous contaminants like sediment, chlorine, cysts, benzene, asbestos, mercury, & lead.
- The Non-toxic KDF 55 filter also kills bacteria and inhibits the growth of scale, lime, mold, and fungi.
- Sturdy construction and sleek design with very few reports of leakage.
- Has a 530 gallon capacity, which is more than double what most other kitchen faucet-mounted water filters provide.
- Filtered flow function seems to be quicker than most of its competitors
What We Don’t Love
- There isn’t an indication light or meter to let you know when it’s time to replace the filter.
- No included warranty is listed, whereas most other filters provide at least 2 years under warranty.
The MANCEL has the highest filtering capacity of up to 530 gallons per filter, which is far higher than every other faucet mount filtration system on this list! It looks sharp, has the fewest reports of leaks (along with the DuPont) and removes a wide variety of contaminants.
Our biggest flaw with the MANCEL is the lack of a listed warranty (all the others include at least 2 years). That being said, customers have responded positively to Mancel’s customer service with comments of friendly, quick service in times of need. It’s our 2nd choice after the DuPont WFFM350XCH Faucet Mount System.
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2h1qoKg” type=”big” color=”red” newwindow=”yes” ] Read The Reviews on Amazon »[/button]
[learn_more caption=”Read the Full MANCEL Faucet Mount Water Filter Review:”]
The Mancel Water Filter System is another good choice if you’re searching for a faucet-mounted water filter for your kitchen sink to produce clean, filtered water more conveniently.
It eliminates the awful chlorine odor and sour taste from the regular tap water supply as well as other harmful contaminants like degraded soil wastes, chlorine, unusual bacterial growth, benzene, asbestos, mercury, and lead.
The package comes with a faucet water filter and a cartridge.
The non-toxic KDF 55 kills and removes various types of harmful bacteria and prevents further development and expansion of scale, lime, mold and fungi, etc.
The construction feels sturdy because it’s made with durable ABS plastic that does not leak. The ABS plastic constituents are devoid of the hazardous BPA and Phthalate.
The filter’s optimum function will provide up to 530 gallons of clean drinking water.
On installing the filter, you may get brown water for the first few minutes of use. That is actually the carbon filter getting activated.
The cartridge filter needs to be replaced every 3 to 4 months based on the frequency of consumption. The entire water filter weighs only four ounces and the stainless steel looks great in most any kitchen.
Unlike other water filters, the water pressure in MANCEL Faucet Water Filter isn’t slowed down as significantly.
Installation is a no-brainer and barely requires an instruction manual!
All you have to do is remove the nozzle of your kitchen sink’s tap and fit in the water filter system.
Many consumers responded positively to this product saying that this system never leaks, whereas the previous ones they bought did leak at one point or the other.
The MANCEL Kitchen Water Filter weighs only 0.25 pounds and has dimensions of 2.36” in length, 4.33” in breadth and 4.33” in height. The suitable temperature for the water filter is less than 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is a great filter for frequent water drinkers who want a quality system at an affordable price!
[button link=”http://amzn.to/2h1qoKg” width=”100%” type=”big” color=”blue” newwindow=”yes” ] Buy The Mancel Faucet Filter on Amazon »[/button]